Impella RP is the most studied right-sided device and the only percutaneous technology with FDA approval designating it as safe and effective for right-heart support. Its exclusive FDA approval is a result of more than eight years of clinical studies.
RECOVER RIGHT: Safety & Efficacy
73% overall survival-to-discharge at 30 days1
All patients discharged were alive at 180 days1
Sustained hemodynamic improvement after Impella RP® support1
- Increase in cardiac index (CI)
- Decrease in central venous pressure (CVP)
- Fewer benchmark adverse events at 30 days1 compared to other RVAD studies
- Death, bleeding, hemolysis
- Neurologic dysfunction and limb ischemia
Resources from the Education Library
National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative (NCSI) Study Findings Regarding Right Ventricular Dysfunction
Babar Basir, DO, discusses findings on right heart dysfunction from the NCSI Study.
Multivessel Versus Culprit Vessel PCI in Cardiogenic Shock
Alejandro Lemor, MD, MS, discusses multivessel PCI versus culprit vessel PCI in patients with cardiogenic shock from the NCSI Study.
Updates from the Cardiogenic Shock Working Group
Navin Kapur, MD, and Mark Anderson, MD, discuss cardiogenic shock treatment strategies and algorithms for managing patients in cardiogenic shock.
1. Anderson MB, et al. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015; 34(12):1549-1560